In this episode, host Julie Hood shares 10 key ways to not be boring! After two terrible experiences this past week, she shares how you can make your presentations more interesting to your students and listeners. Every course creator needs to use these 10 ideas to improve the way they teach!
Interested in a VIP Day with Julie? Message her on Facebook or Instagram here.
Got a burning question you’d like to have answered? Go to AskJulieHood.com to leave your audio questions.
Episode 42: The Power of Design for Your Online Course Slides and Workbooks with Emily Hall
10 Ways to Not Be Boring!
- Speak to content in the first 15 minutes!
- Vary the tone of your voice
- Give an overview
- Speak in sound bites
- Use one point and one image per slide
- What can you cut?
- Eliminate content where listeners would respond, “Well I would hope so!”
- Do NOT read paragraphs off your slides
- Consider the level of detail: high-level of specific detail
- Don’t just run through testimonial results. Present them as case studies.
BONUS: Be Funny!
Sign up for my free course Is My Course Idea Any Good? here.
Connect with me on Clubhouse for FREE masterclasses at @JulieHood.
CourseCreatorsHQ.club – to join the waitlist for my upcoming Clubhouse course