Olly Richards of StoryLearning runs a $10M online education business. (Working only 6 days a month.) What are some of his secrets? How did he get started? Where does he think you should build your online audience today?
Get his FREE Case Study on how he grew StoryLearning –
Subscribe to his YouTube channels –
StoryLearning – https://coursecreatorshq.com/YouTubeStoryLearning
Online Business – https://coursecreatorshq.com/YouTubeOllyBusiness
Follow Olly on Twitter –
KEY TAKEAWAYS FOR ONLINE COURSE CREATORS
Here are Julie’s Notes:
Olly started with his blog, then YouTube and a podcast.
YouTube notes –
- He learned it himself first, spending two days a week doing it all. Now he has outsourced a team to help.
- Model what’s already working on YouTube.
- Get his YouTube training when you invite friends to sign up for his newsletter.
- An educational channel is different than an entertainment channel (like Mr. Beast). Shorts may or may not be the best.
- Each YouTube channel should offer a certain “type” of content – with a similar length to each video. For different types, create a different channel.
- He predicts growth as the first two years of mostly flat growth, then more of a hockey-stick type growth.
- Typically production quality is not as important as the quality and uniqueness of your content. How are you going to be different?
You may want to start with audience building before you create your course.
Focus on two things for a successful business: copywriting for sales & audience building for students.
Create content on the platform that you are willing to stick to – especially for the long term!
COME VISIT JULIE!
Download your FREE Ultimate Course Creators Planner here
Sign up for my email list and get this free course Is My Course Idea Any Good? here.
Let’s talk about this episode on GoodPods – https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/goodpods (mobile only, download the app first)