What happens when you have to create a course quickly? This episode shares a few behind-the-scenes ideas for being extra efficient when creating your course. Host Julie Hood shares what she has been doing to crank out her new course on using Kajabi.
Special discounts since you listen to the podcast!
If you need help creating your course…
Grab the 24 Hour Course Creator DIY version and get $200 off! Plus you can apply your investment against the next LIVE group coaching session. Use coupon code PODCAST to save $200!
If you need help selling your course…
Jump into Course Profits Accelerator now… you’ll get an extra FREE month in this round PLUS you can save $100! Use the coupon code PODCAST to jump in today!
Want more info on the Kajabi training that Julie mentioned? Get the scoop here – https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/KK
Get a free 30-day trial of Kajabi at https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/KajabiSignup
Interested in the Searchie tool for video recording from Chrome, hosting and automatic captions?
KEY TAKEAWAYS FOR ONLINE COURSE CREATORS
1. All of the modules are in ONE presentation so it’s easy to copy and paste from prior lessons. Plus the Powerpoint presentation and the student workbook are the same file (so I don’t have to keep multiple files in sync). Make sure you have backups each week!
2. Turned off notifications when it’s time to create and focus.
3. Create the demo videos first and then go back to create the workbook and checklists.
4. Create lessons first and then the introduction/getting started lesson for the the whole module.
5. (Advanced tip) Strive for one take lessons! Use Searchie to automatically upload your recordings and create captions.
6. Print pages from the workbook file and select slides for each week’s workbook to create handouts.
7. Have generic thumbnails created ahead of time at the module level – Julie used one for each module that went on every lesson in that module (instead of one for every lesson).
8. Reuse email templates – and include links in EVERY email.
9. If you don’t have time to outline the whole course, at least outline the modules.
10. Turn off your phone and notifications when you create and set aside uninterrupted time to create.
11. Try to work 2 weeks ahead so you can get help from your team.
Sign up for my email list and get this free course Is My Course Idea Any Good? here:
Let’s talk about this episode on GoodPods – https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/goodpods (mobile only, download the app first)