Oh no! Not another social media website that you have to use! Should you be on Threads as a course creator? Let’s talk about the pros and cons of the new platform, along with a few suggestions from host Julie Hood on how to best use this new tool.
Connect with Julie on Threads at https://www.threads.net/@coursecreatorshq
Come join us to get your foundation in place with your own Course Sales Launchpad –
The keyboard I use to make it easy to post:
KEY TAKEAWAYS FOR ONLINE COURSE CREATORS
Threads is a text-based social media site, similar to Twitter, but with less negativity and up to 500 character posts.
Pros of Threads:
- Text-based – so it’s super fast to post
- People are jumping in now and interested in building their followers
- Built-in base of users from Instagram
- Suggest accounts to you!
- User interface is very well thought out.
- Share links.
- Tag other people.
Cons of Threads (as of July 18, 2023. These could change!)
- Long-term? All social media sites right now are a bit perilous
- Struggling with what content to post – should it be different than IG?
- Only on your mobile device – no web interface right now
- No search for content
Secrets to Success for Course Creators:
- Get a keyboard!
- Leave thoughtful comments – not just emojis
- Find people in your industry – follow then AND their commenters.
- Balance this shorter-term content with the longer-term content you are creating
- Make sure you have a live link in your profile and use links strategically in your posts.
- Quote (and reshare) other’s posts.
Let’s talk about the foundation you need in place to sell your online course. There are 3 key pieces I will share with you.
Download your FREE Ultimate Course Creators Planner – https://coursecreatorshq.com/2023planner
Sign up for my email list and get this free course Is My Course Idea Any Good? here.
Let’s talk about this episode on GoodPods – https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/goodpods (mobile only, download the app first)