In this episode, host Julie Hood explains how she chose where to host her latest project… and why she bailed on WordPress.
- Mini-course on where to host your course: https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/HostYourCourse
- Kajabi: https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/kajabi
- Searchie: https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/searchie
- WordPress Managed Hosting: https://coursecreatorshq.com/WordpressManagedHosting
KEY TAKEAWAYS FOR ONLINE COURSE CREATORS
I don’t believe in one-sized-fits-all solutions for where to host your course. It really depends on what you want your student experience to be, how much control you want over how your site works, and your budget.
Why I Love WordPress
- Consistent pages
- Set up really well for SEO
- Flexibility – design it the way you want
What Drives Me Nuts about WordPress
- Constant, never-ending upgrades – themes and plugins, plus the server software (MySQL, PHP, Cpanel)
- So easily hacked and difficult/expensive to recover
Use Managed Hosting to help mitigate some of the risks.
Sign up for my email list and get this free course Is My Course Idea Any Good? here.
Let’s talk about this episode on GoodPods – https://CourseCreatorsHQ.com/goodpods (mobile only, download the app first)